Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Follow My Idea From Start To Finish

  I have an idea for a painting series. I've realized I like to paint people with their hands to their faces, like this:
 Or even like this:
 So, what I'm thinking is, people send me pictures of themselves (here) with their hand(s) on their face and I do paintings/drawings of them. Imagine, you could be a part of my artistic process! If you'd like you could purchase the finished product. Even if you didn't, you would be a part of history. Immortalized forever in the annuls of art history. I'll post my progress on here, and on my Facebook fanpage  and likely some other places as well. I have no real idea how this will turn out. I'm excited to see. I'm posting this at 3:18 CST on April 11, 2017. Here we go. Oh, here's another painting (or three) before I go:





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can email me a picture. The link is marked "here" about halfway down in my blog. I look forward to seeing what you send.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing the results of this cool project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing the picture you're gonna submit. I bet it's awesome.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I'm not understanding the question. My thinking about what?

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's not a fair question and I ask it because I'm not an artist but what are you thinking about by this project?

      Delete
    3. It's a fair question. I'm trying to give people an idea of what it's like for me as an artist. I realized as I looked through my portfolio that I do a lot of faces with hands touching them. I thought I'd ask people to submit pictures with that criteria and I would do paintings of them, showing every step of the way. Then people could see what inspired me, what that inspiration led me to, and how I got there. I thought it might be a cool idea to involved my fans and also inspire me to create some special paintings.

      Delete