Wednesday, November 22, 2017

So, That was Pretty Cool

  My computer files with my art portfolio in them are pretty screwed up. It all started with an update of my computer that accidentally overwrote my main back up drive. Completely my fault. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. So, I set out to put the thing back together. I had other back ups. I'm not a barbarian. As I rebuild it and put it back on my back up drive I get motivated and decide to declutter and reorganize my portfolio. Because I'm a professional like that *cue laughter*. I get impatient and try to force the transfers to go quicker. You probably see where this is going. The files get corrupted. Not the end of the world, but frustrating. I have more back ups. Apparently not as up to date, but I got 'em. I'm sorting, rebuilding, making all kinds of progress. Then, I think about a painting called "The Hunter"
And I realize I don't have a picture. No problem, I'll download it from DeviantART. It's my online portfolio. However, a search of my gallery reveals it's not on there. Somehow. So, this painting has mysteriously disappeared from my computer and my online portfolios. Okay. Whatever. I decide to go lay down and relax (I am recovering from the flu. Types A and B. Go big or go home).Then, It hits me. I have DVDs of backups. Sure enough the DVD marked Big Portfolio Backup has it. And others. So many others. One's I had forgotten. Some I still don't recall painting. But, some of the jewels are the 'in progress' pics of Fear Finds Felicia.

 This was pre-digital. I'm not sure what prompted me to use film for this, but what a great decision. So, anyway here they are:
This was supposed to be a stand alone abstract.
I'm pretty sure less than a dozen people have seen these before now. You want awesome content? There it is. Thanks for dropping by.

AKO ANG HARI
     DOUG

No comments:

Post a Comment