Thursday, July 27, 2017

Just Checking In

  I've been putting in some effort to cross of some of the things on my to-do list. I've been making myself do some of the less glamorous things on there. I've updated both my websites DougBaltz.com and DougBaltz.net. They're not quite where I'd like them to be, but they are getting closer. I'm thinking more about selling my art than I am about pushing my art to a new level (although I'm always doing both, to a certain degree). I've even done some new Doug Shoes projects. Mickey Mouse shoes for a two year old:
And some combat boots for an army combat medic:
It's nice to be doing some footwear again. It's been a long time. I'm not sure I could have picked two more different subjects.
   I've also dug out my watercolors again and started doing daily paintings. I'm really happy with the way they've turned out. Watercolors give a lot of people trouble, but I've always had good luck with them. I'm not sure skill is the right word, luck seems to be a better fit. No matter how skilled you are, there's always a degree of luck with this media. Water, ruled by the chaos theory, carries pigment over your paper. The paper that's never really truly level. It's very exciting. At least to me:
  That's pretty much what I've knocked off the list this week. Now, I;m gonna go cross off "post a new blog"

AKO ANG HARI
      DOUG

No comments:

Post a Comment