Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Just To Stay In Touch

  Yeah, I'm writing another blog post. No, I really don't have much to say. That has never stopped me before, so, here we are. I'm staying motivated, doing art every day. Some days more than others, but that's to be expected. It's the whole promoting/selling art thing that I need to do more of. I could really use some help on that part, but that never seems to work out for me. I try to be self sufficient, but there are some things that I enjoy more than others. It's kinda odd really. When I'm waiting tables i can sell and upsell all day long, but I can't seem to get into a flow when it comes to selling my art. I sell enough to keep me from throwing in the towel, but I should really be making a nice living from my art. It really wouldn't take a whole lot of money to be considered a nice living. My standard of living isn't anywhere near the rock star lifestyle I used to live when I was younger. I'm not really complaining, just saying.
  I'm working on a new book of my art. Pictures of my paintings and the stories behind them. Seems more enjoyable than the first volume of my daily painting books. I don't have to go in any order, just what ever painting I think has a good story behind it. I really want to start the fourth book in my graphic novel series. I had a basic idea of what I want, I just can't think of an interesting way to get it started. I also want to do an animated version of my first graphic novel "Epitaph". I know what kind of animation I want to do, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it. I can't form a description of it to do a Google search. Oh, the pain of being an artist!
   That's pretty much where I stand. The AC is out in our house now and it won't be fixed tomorrow, since it's a holiday. I hate the heat and I hate to be uncomfortable. Not much I can do about it now though. I have no idea how to diagnose and/or fix an air conditioning unit. Maybe if I draw enough Those Guys drawings it will help. Couldn't hurt I guess.

AKO ANG HARI
     DOUG



No comments:

Post a Comment