Friday, September 8, 2017

From Hell's Heart

  Okay, here;s what's up. I tried to get the last little bit of performance from my ancient laptop, since I'm apparently unable to procure a newer model ( which almost seems impossible to me, almost anything I could find would give me a better performance). I backed up what I needed on my external hard drive and set out to reinstall my Linux based operating system. I failed to completely wipe the drive the first time, which only added to the bloat on an already overtaxed system. I picked another OS and tried again. No luck. the third try saw me install , but the drive seemed small. It didn't occur to me to stop and think it out, I was hell bent on getting this thing up and running to assist me in my take over of the internet. Okay, something's wrong. I'll figure it out. I pull out my disc that has Xubuntu Linux ready to install. It works like a charm. Drive completely wiped, new OS installed, a leaner/meaner machine. I went to pull my files off of my external drive so I could reinstall my trust computer programs and continue to post my paintings on a daily basis. But, wait...what's this? Files? Files? What the f...Shit, now I know. I inadvertently installed an OS over my files. The files I specifically backed up. Gone. I can get them back. Everything had been posted to Facebook ( I think. God, I hope). So, I'll likely spend the next week or so getting all the pictures back, resized, posted, backed up. Just what I need. More frustration. I am still painting and posting everyday link Some cool stuff, like this:



I'm painting enough to keep my sanity and tune up my brush skills. I'm looking for big things.

AKO ANG HARI
      DOUG

No comments:

Post a Comment